Black-Cell.net

• May 22, 2018, 08:30:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Command and Conquer: Tiberium  (Read 4551 times)

mikeon

• Renegade Division Leader
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Command and Conquer: Tiberium
« on: December 12, 2007, 10:15:02 AM »

http://www.shacknews.com/laryn.x?story=50337
Electronic Arts is taking another stab at the FPS market with Command & Conquer. The cover story on the upcoming January issue of Game Informer magazine has word of Command & Conquer: Tiberium, likely in development by EALA based on past evidence. You play as Ricardo Vega, a GDI field commander dragged out of retirement to stop the latest NOD master plan. Here are a few of the details:

* Will ship on PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360
    * Set 11 years after the third Tiberium war
    * Squad-based action
    * Squads are called R.A.I.D. (Rapid Assault and Intercept Deployment)
    * Known squad types are infantry, missile infantry, Titan and Orca
    * Missions are around the "Mediterranean Red Zone"
    * Special powers such as "Orbital Slug" are available

Command & Conquer previously took to the first-person perspective with franchise creator Westwood Studios' Command & Conquer: Renegade, released for PC in 2002 to mixed reception.
>HERE< is a helpful link for those of you dissatisfied with the Black-Cell moderation team

HeroKerr

• Renegade Server Half-Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Command and Conquer: Tiberium
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 02:54:03 PM »

hot
Not all is lost the spirits shriek
You will be hunted WE SHALL SEEK
Perserverance, turn the page
Enter Shikari Enter Shikari

♫Enter Shikari - Enter Shikari♫

Vultima

• BBQ!!?!?!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 03:57:13 PM »

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYX1231231

DogNXC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 04:23:15 PM »

awsome

havoc9826

• Semi-Official BC Videographer
    • View Profile
    • My BC FTP Portion
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 05:50:18 PM »

Like some people have said on other forums, if EA makes this game have BF2- or GRAW-style gameplay, it's not going to be C&C anymore, and it might suck.  Let's hope Apoc finds those posts and actually listens to the fans for once.

GodPower

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 08:07:49 PM »

Like some people have said on other forums, if EA makes this game have BF2- or GRAW-style gameplay, it's not going to be C&C anymore, and it might suck.  Let's hope Apoc finds those posts and actually listens to the fans for once.
The main thing that made renegade so good (well at least imho) was it's unique C&C game mode, that required teamwork and strategy (much encouraged through the large ammount of different units to chose from, which pretty much all actually had a use) to win rather then just getting the most kills.
Lets face it, if we'd wanted pretty graphics but no decent gameplay or if we'd wanted some vehicles but no strategy, we all would've moved to different games ages ago. So I just hope they'll learn from the strenghts of the last (and only) C&C FPS and work from there for a sequel. I guess only time will tell though.
*keeps fingers crossed*

AngmarCrow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 05:09:09 PM »

I agree with GP. I will stab EA if they mess it up :i

GodPower

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 11:29:31 PM »

Lol what I've read about it so far describes it as a BF2-GRAW-Rainbow 6: Vegas combination... Doh! >_<
I'm praying those are speculations that turn out to be wrong heh.

freez

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 05:59:41 PM »

kl. so are they just starting making it or will there be a release date soon?

Vultima

• BBQ!!?!?!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2007, 03:23:38 AM »

Well i defently dont think it will be before chrimstmas :/ so no writing to santa you want it

Vixenish

• Sexy Teen Girl and Official BC Loli Rape Bike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.redvsblue.com
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2007, 08:44:01 PM »

Release date for it will be late 2008.

punkun21

• Renegade Division Leader
    • View Profile
Renegade Sequel
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 02:28:58 AM »

I'll post a few sections of media and forum posts concerning the announcement of the game.

From http://www.renegadeforums.com/index.php?t=msg&goto=303549&rid=3790#msg_303549

I can't say I am surprised at the "tenuous" response here by many, its exactly the same response we received when we announced Command & Conquer 3, and I think in the end we proved a lot of people wrong and put a lot of happy C&C smiles on your faces (save for a few tiberium trees and a couple canon issues here and there)...

The overall C&C community (Renegade included of course) is extremely passionate and tough to please, i've been your Community Manager for nearly 3 years now, believe me, I know as well as anyone what makes you guys tick, and what makes you guys happy. Yes, this will be my first time truly engaging with the Renegade community which in my opinion is the most remarkable gaming community period, simply for surviving all these years on nearly modding alone.

Naturally, we have an uphill battle once again. The proof will come in time, in naturally the same way it did for C&C 3.

More to come soon. Have faith, I think we've learned our lessons over the years. Not sure why we have to keep proving over and over again without a little trust, but I know what lies ahead and I am very excited at what is to come for you guys.

Thanks,
APOC

Look guys, I'm going to be as honest and upfront as I can and show you the same respect and attitude and transparency which I show the RTS end of our glorious community.

Right now, I cannot speak abot the game due to embargos and the fact that we...just announced. The details in GI are the only details I can tell you to go check out and I task all of you to read them yourself and not rely solely on someone else.

Do not develop your opinion based on something someone else said unless that someone is quoting a fact.

Case in point - we have barely said anything about multiplayer and until you hear the full official details from us, don't take any assumption from the Game Informer article that has not been fully explained.

It is far too early to make bold assumptions and judgements, I know the fire burning inside of you right now is purely out of passion and desire for exactly what you guys want to see, thats only natural.

In an age of COD 4, Halo 3, Bioshock, and Gears of War, we understand the standards and precedents set, please don't perceive us as ignorant or misunderstood or incapable. This is an extremely different team than the 2002 Renegade team, and a very different culture of a studio at EALA, all due respect to that 2002 team of course.

I did not work at EA in 2002, I don't know the details about Renegade, and to be honest, it doesn't affect or bother me. That is the past and it doesn't reflect the present or future of what is to come. It is unfortunate more time wasn't spent on the original Renegade, but it could be any of a million reasons that are heresay today.

It's not my place yet to disclose more details about the game or our thoughts on Renegade, but I promise you this will all come in due short time, as soon as next month.

We have the utmost respect for the legacy of C&C games in the past 10 years, Renegade included. Renegade definitely set a quiet benchmark and foundation for future FPS games which really took off with Battlefield, pretty much everyone agrees Renegade laid the foundation for the fundamentals of that game.

Now, with Tiberium, we are 6 years later, and many game evolutions and standards past. I think as more information and details roll out about the game, and your trusted community leaders come to our studio in the future where we will listen and also demonstrate (as we did for C&C 3)...that your opinions will better shape themselves, and I think it will steer positive.

I'd love to take all your questions right now, and feel free to get them going, but...I cannot answer any of them just yet due to the embargos and the fact that we never roll out all of our information at once, nobody does =)

So sit tight, soak in the Game Informer article, and stay tuned for more next month.

I appreciate all the comments, good and bad, I just ask that you keep the usual assumptions to a minimum...until you know more =) Our C&C and Tiberium development teams work hard to please this community and listen to it as well, we've been proving that for quite a while right now I feel.

Cheers,
APOC

From http://www.renegadecommunity.com/

As announced in the topic underneath this one, and now confirmed by EA:

EA has confirmed to us that the Command & Conquer series is merging with the first-person shooter genre in new title Tiberium.

The publisher was keeping lips pretty tightly sealed, but it did tell us that the game is pencilled in for a late 2008 release. Official images aren't expected until early next year, but there are scans already doing the round as additional details have appeared in Game Informer magazine.

It's said the game is a squad-based shooter that's set 11 years on from the third Tiberium war, and is being described as Battlefield-meets GRAW-meets Rainbow Six: Vegas.

Possible concept video here http://www.n-joy.cz/video/c-c-tiberium-concept-early-video/4k308u20c60twe79/

havoc9826

• Semi-Official BC Videographer
    • View Profile
    • My BC FTP Portion
Re: Renegade Sequel
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 06:46:47 AM »

Nice new info.  Wanna merge that with http://forums.black-cell.net/index.php?topic=9843.0 ?

Oh, also, Apoc posted that on the Renegadeforums in this thread (he replied first on page 5).
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 06:56:44 AM by havoc9826 »

vloktboky

• View Profile
Re: Renegade Sequel
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 08:34:26 AM »

You know the gameplay is nothing like Renegade, right? It's literally BF2 with tiberium. I'm not commenting on how fun the game will be; I'm just saying calling it a sequel to Renegade isn't proper.

dippy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 08:57:40 AM »

EA official announcement: http://www.ea.com/tiberium/news.jsp
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up