Black-Cell.net

• February 27, 2020, 08:28:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rule suggestion: vehicle wall jumping  (Read 2271 times)

quadrat3

• View Profile
Rule suggestion: vehicle wall jumping
« on: October 03, 2007, 01:33:35 AM »

Hi, this is quadrat3 (same nick ingame).

I suggest that "no wall jumping with vehicles" should be added to the map rules of Mesa.
I know this topic has been discussed earlier, but the current rules are not totally clear about it.

The barrier at the end of the Nod Airstrip on Mesa was clearly intended to allow infantry through and block vehicles, or else the ramp would be wide enough for both wheels. So jumping over the barrier with buggies or any vehicles is a glitch in my opinion, and therefore forbidden by the rules. However, this can be debated, and some people do it without any consequences from the mods present.

I suggest that jumping over the wall with vehicles on Mesa either be prohibited and sanctioned, or it should be explicitly specified by the rules as allowed, in which case players can defend against this type of attack.

I<3WD

• I SALUTE YOU
    • View Profile
Re: Rule suggestion: vehicle wall jumping
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 01:43:45 AM »

Hmm when mesa was in the rotation on bcserv4 I believe it stated that it was legal, I guess when the map got added to the rotation the specific maprule was not added. and imo the map because too boring if its not allowed

mav173

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 02:07:42 AM »

also fun to do with meds if your on gdi

havoc9826

• Renegade Server Half-Moderator
  • Semi-Official BC Videographer
    • View Profile
    • My BC FTP Portion
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 02:09:22 AM »

Hi quadrat3, welcome to the forums!

I don't think there's ever been a !maprules that listed what was allowed on a map, only the things that were disallowed.  It might actually be a good idea to add commonly disputable rules to some of the maprules listings.  With regard to vehicle walljumping on Mesa, I think it's always been allowed here.  People with client-side Core Patch 2 will be unable to get themselves over, though, but BC doesn't use Core Patches.

vloktboky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 03:12:33 AM »

It wasn't intended by the designer. Those barriers were not placed where they are in the intent of letting players put their vehicles there.

But, to that extent, both sides can push their vehicles over the barriers, the vehicles are cut off from retreat making them easy pray when ill-supported, and it is generally accepted by the average player as being "not a big deal." So no harm, no foul.

havoc9826

• Renegade Server Half-Moderator
  • Semi-Official BC Videographer
    • View Profile
    • My BC FTP Portion
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 06:35:46 AM »

As of an hour ago:

[22:32:45] <&BCServ5_> Level C&C_Mesa.mix Loaded OK
[22:33:43] <&BCServ5_> Host: (DragonServ): [Map Rules] No base to base. Wall jumping with vehicles IS allowed.

quadrat3

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 10:45:43 AM »

Thank you for clarifying this issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up