Black-Cell.net

• February 19, 2018, 05:17:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Battlefield 2 in Maximum pc  (Read 988 times)

DefLepard

• Renegade Server VIP
    • View Profile
    • http://www.drf.com
Battlefield 2 in Maximum pc
« on: February 14, 2007, 01:51:23 PM »

Anyone read "Maximumpc" ?
They have a list of favorite games and Battlefield 2 made it as the best online game of 2006, even thou it is a 2005 game :) nice hun

They even trashed Battlefield 2142, see below...

"We were far from enthralled its futuristic sequel's obnoxious in-game ads and dearth of vehicles-men fly jet fighters. Home is where the heart is, and our hearts are still bleeding on the streets of Karkand, Mashtuur, and Sharqi."

Battlefield 2 rules !!

xav69

• Renegade Server VIP
    • View Profile
    • RAAF forums
Re: Battlefield 2 in Maximum pc
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 04:13:49 PM »

fuck oath, bf2 forever

s1elite

• Renegade Server VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 04:19:42 PM »

Yeah 2142 was ok for about an hour at a time, then i stopped playing both games for a while. I just got back into bf2... i forgot how fun it was :)

Ive noticed that 2142 performs really badly compared to bf2, and changing my settings doesnt really do anything to help. Money well spent.

edecoder

• Renegade Server VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 03:35:19 PM »

Yeah 2142 was ok for about an hour at a time, then i stopped playing both games for a while. I just got back into bf2... i forgot how fun it was :)

Ive noticed that 2142 performs really badly compared to bf2, and changing my settings doesnt really do anything to help. Money well spent.

I purchased BF2142 on Friday night, and spent my weekend trying to learn to play it.  While it's fun, the performance sucks, as you said.  The lag is terrible on almost every server, despite very low ping.  On most servers, my weapon is being held against my chest as if I were running while I'm just walking around.  When two titans are with in a few hundred meters of each other, it gets even worse when you're trying to render both at once on your screen, as Goodguy pointed out to me yesterday ingame. 

It's a fun game if you can find a server close to where you live that's below, say, 40 players.  But I agree with Xav, BF2 is still the better game.  If only I had my serial to reinstall it. :(

mikeon

• Renegade Division Leader
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 05:44:27 AM »

Never play in a 2142 server with players higher than 40, it's just a giant lag fest waiting to happen and things just become too frantic.
>HERE< is a helpful link for those of you dissatisfied with the Black-Cell moderation team
Pages: [1]   Go Up