Black-Cell.net

• October 24, 2018, 01:20:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: World of Warcraft Addict  (Read 5312 times)

dtrngd

• I cantn tippey
    • View Profile
    • My site :P
Re: World of Warcraft Addict
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 01:59:55 PM »

That faking WoW got my sister :(

quik

• Renegade Server Moderator
  • Yar Har!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.black-cell.net
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2006, 03:40:36 AM »

Stupid brits. Mom needs to learn to control her kid. Kid needs to control his anger/addiction. I know it's not that simple, but good god, that mom looked like she couldnt do anything about it

Stupid canadians. Need to learn what an Australian is.

U C WOT I DID THAR!??

I blame Canada too.

edecoder

• Renegade Server VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006, 12:24:34 AM »

HOW CAN WE KILL THAT WHICH HAS NO LIFE??

vloktboky

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006, 01:04:33 AM »

They're not addicted to the game.  They're addicted to the rewards, or rather the act of being rewarded.  That's all it is - compensation for a lack in their other activities.  And when you find the means to obtain it, you're more than likely to stick with it until something more rewarding comes along, be it another game or a love or a good job.  Everyone is addicted to being rewarded.  That's how our brain works.  We figure out how to chip a stone slab to make a sharp point and use it to cut into a hide and get access to the meat.  We can now eat that meat and grow stronger because of it.  We get rewarded with the wonderful taste and the feelings of satisfaction.  That reward ensures we don't forget this valuable piece of information and we repeat it.  We keep getting rewarded; we keep getting stronger.  We survive.  There's no story here.

Just another case of a dumbass parent refusing to do their job.  And getting away with it.

I disagree with Rob, though.  It is simple.  In fact, it is very simple.  All you have to do is do it.  The only one who can stop you is you and your barrier of excuses and false justifications which you have built up to shield yourself from that simple truth.  If you want to change, you'll change; and if you don't, you won't.  But the world won't stop turning for you.  Maybe that's just something that is easy for me to say.  But you know, it's only the strong's stories that are told.  You may feel compassion for those who have difficulties in taking up challenges, but that doesn't replace the truth.  The best thing you can do with that energy is funnel it to them in the form of aid.  Sinister?  Yes.  Doesn't change a thing though.

I cannot say any more.  This kid is the type that gives me the money.

falcon030

• Office(US) > Office(UK)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006, 02:29:54 AM »

Wow I forgot I made this topic. I just gotta say.. "I PLAY FOR 16 HOURS A DAY AND ALL I GOT WAS LIGHTFORGE AND A DRACONIAN DEFLECTOR LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL"

I LOL'd. ^5 shdowbaby

Maikel

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2006, 12:50:21 PM »

maybe he got multiply chars?

Keevo

• Best poster ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2006, 08:09:05 PM »

It shows him playing the same character the whole time, probably his main. LOL!
DON'T DELETE THIS POST

shdow

• Renegade Server Half-Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2006, 12:13:09 AM »

Playing for a year and a half for 16 hours a day is approx 335 days. Now if he played 9 different character equally thats 37.2 days each. Granted his 1st character to 60 will've taken a while because he was new to the game and didnt know much, each of his other shouldve taken no more than 8-10 days play. That leaves 27 days to get gear, or 648 hours. Going at about 2 hours ubrs run thats 324 ubrs runs. Somehow i dont think hes done that many. If we take a look at MC which is 5 hours max (Ill give 8 just in case his guild is really bad), thats 81 mc clears which would result in him having full lawbringer. And it would take a year and a half to do all that MC anyway due to raid id.

Keep in mind that this is for all his characters, and theres not many people I know that have 9 characters decked out in full tier 1 or 2.

We are left with 2 solutions:
1) He has 8 other really well geared toons with the best the game has to offer, and he has just started on his paladin.
2) He doesnt really play that much at all and the show exagerated which it has been commonly known to do.

Oh and 3) Hes really really really bad.

Lava

• "so sayeth lava, so it shall be" - Mav
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2006, 01:44:57 AM »

I broke 2 mice, mouses, mices, or whatever the fuck you call them, playing ren, but Ive yet to break anything in WoW.

"...but Ive yet to break anything in WoW."
I didn't know you could break things in WoW...

quik

• Yar Har!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.black-cell.net
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2006, 02:44:47 AM »

I broke 2 mice, mouses, mices, or whatever the fuck you call them, playing ren, but Ive yet to break anything in WoW.

Go away wow hater.

gb987

• Renegade Server VIP
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2006, 01:40:28 PM »

i personally dont believe theres an addiction to the game (for 99% of people who play it) - but its just the fact its the easist way to spend time, and if theres nothing else to do to stop you playing you play for a silly amount of time - if that kid got a girlfriend or made some new mates that went out and did stuff he would drop wow in a second

mes262

• Donator
  • Sic vis pacem, para bellum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2006, 01:15:22 AM »

I saw a cool guy go to a hermit over WoW once.  He lost almost all his friends.  No joke. 

Lava

• "so sayeth lava, so it shall be" - Mav
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2006, 01:48:13 AM »

Go away wow hater.

I will never go away, I'm here to stay. I don't really hate WoW...I geuss it would be classified as hate, but then on the other hand I've never played it before. I just preach against it, seeing as I have heared so many thing of how people waste there time, and lose there life playing WoW. And it takes lots of people away from renegade...so...DON'T BE AN ADDICT!!!

Keevo

• Best poster ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2006, 04:01:59 AM »

Shut up.
DON'T DELETE THIS POST

shdow

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2006, 04:02:56 AM »

I will never go away, I'm here to stay. I don't really hate WoW...I geuss it would be classified as hate, but then on the other hand I've never played it before. I just preach against it, seeing as I have heared so many thing of how people waste there time, and lose there life playing WoW. And it takes lots of people away from renegade...so...DON'T BE AN ADDICT!!!

Seems to me thats what you're doing here on the forums, so take your own advice imo.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up