News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1.3  (Read 1236 times)

mrnatrium

• View Profile
« on: April 25, 2006, 08:55:15 PM »

EA:
Attention Soldiers!

Although the 1.3 patch is still being worked on we wanted to provide a peek at what you can expect with the coming release:

NEW FEATURES

* Co-op: Co-op Mode allows you to play Single Player levels on the Internet and LAN with both AI controlled bots and human players. Several new options have been created that will allow the server creator to modify how the bots behave in game.
* Air dropped vehicles: Squad members can now send a request up the chain of command for a vehicle to be dropped at their location.
BUG FIXES & GAME PLAY TWEAKS

* Prevented ban list from being cleared in the event of a server crash.
* Fixed issue with players not properly ranking up on servers where they continuously play.
* Fixed bug where friendly vehicles show up as valid targets.
* Friendly Vehicle lock: Lock-on weapons do not lock on to friendly vehicles. The box with an X through it will still appear, but a lock tone will not sound and then if fired, the missile will not track the friendly target.

Keep in mind this is only a part of what 1.3 will include. Our live team is working diligently to provide the best update possible in preparation for the release of the Armored Fury booster pack!

xav69

• Renegade Server VIP
    • View Profile
    • RAAF forums
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 11:24:25 PM »

i find the friendly vehicle lock annoying, although i must admit i have a really good laugh when i have two planes chasing me and 1 accidently kills the other when the both fire missiles. Gotto love the " WTF i was trying to kill the enemy why TK me"

anyway lets talk about improvements they can still make

I wouldnt mind seeing a patch where if ur in a plane and u take off, if some dude is standing in front of u and dies then he cant punish and it dont count as a TK.

Also i noticed that choppers can take more tank shots, i been playing in a tank alot more lately and on seperate occasions have fired and hit the attack choppers at least 4 times and they still dont die, this is when they are flying of course, and not over their helipads. Found that strange.

I also noticed before any of the patches, excluding the first one when the game came out i didnt have any graphics lag what so ever when i was near alot of ppl or in a city map, now there is heaps and i can barely shoot anyone or change weapons. I have a theory that EA did this on purpouse so that consumers would buy better graphix cards because of the Co- op with Nvidea, just a theory tho

mrnatrium

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 03:18:43 PM »

s1elite

• Renegade Server VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 09:28:13 AM »

I wouldnt mind seeing a patch where if ur in a plane and u take off, if some dude is standing in front of u and dies then he cant punish and it dont count as a TK.
I'd like them to make it so if the dickhead driver of a full apc drives over your clearly visible mine and gets everyone killed, they cant all punish YOU for the driver's actions. Those bastards raped me of my first gold star. <_<

Yeah I also noticed that each patch significantly increased lag on my old computer. The game was VERY playable back when it was just released and I was using my friend's copy. I decided to buy my own copy a while ago (when 1.2 was just out) and it ran quite poorly, then another patch came out and it was just totally unplayable. :angry: I was even using a better video card than i was back when i had my friend's copy (128mb Geforce FX5200 PCI vs 256mb Radeon 9600XT AGP....wtf)

Patch sounds ok i guess, nothing really great though but Co-op mode would be handy for LAN's with only a few people :smile:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 09:30:15 AM by s1elite »

neosteel2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 12:22:47 AM »

Also i noticed that choppers can take more tank shots, i been playing in a tank alot more lately and on seperate occasions have fired and hit the attack choppers at least 4 times and they still dont die, this is when they are flying of course, and not over their helipads.

Only took one for me when I used to drive a tank...1 shell and about a 1-second burst of machine gun.

edecoder

• Renegade Server VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 04:22:10 PM »

I gave up on Bf2 around the time the 1.21 patch came out.  There have been very few patches if none at all that were actually helpful or effective.  New maps and weapons are cool, the unlock system is nice as well, bu when they started fixing bugs that didn't even evidently appear... it started to suck.

DefLepard

• Renegade Server VIP
    • View Profile
    • http://www.drf.com
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 12:33:32 PM »

Also[/size]

Attention Soldiers!

In order to make certain medal rewards more accessible to the time played criteria for the following medals has been reduced:

* Golden Scimitar Medal - Now requires 100 hours
* Peoples Medallion - Now requires 100 hours
* MEC Special Forces Service Medal - Now requires 50 hours
* Navy Cross Medal - Now requires 100 hours
* EU Special Service Medal - Now requires 50 hours
* SAS Service Medal - Now requires 50 hours
* Navy Seal Service Medal - Now requires 50 hours
* Spetsnaz Service Medal - Now requires 50 hours
* Rebel Service Medal - Now requires 50 hours

Other Changes in the update include:

* Addition of a North America Service Ribbon.
* Change in the promotion of Generals Each month. After the update the top 50 Lt. Generals will be promoted to General.
* Additional authentication support for ranked servers to ensure proper labeling of ranked servers in the server browser.

Keep your eyes on this space for all your Battlefield news!

mrnatrium

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 01:13:03 PM »

mr newspaper again
Attention Soldiers!

Later today we will announce the Battlefield 2: Armored Fury™* booster pack for Battlefield 2™ which brings all-out mechanized battles to US soil for the first time. Maps set in the US have been requested by the community for quite some time, and we are pleased to deliver three that set the stage for huge armored warfare battles.

Operation Midnight Sun: The conflict spreads near the Pacific Ocean in a key battle for the Alaskan port of Valdez, where Chinese forces are attempting to secure much-needed fuel from the pipeline.

Operation Harvest: The MEC army begins their march East towards the U.S. Capital, and American forces must stall the advance long enough for reinforcements to arrive.

Operation Road Rage: The MEC forces have infiltrated deep into the USA, and are using the highways to move quickly towards key industrial sites that are dangerously near civilian areas.

To balance the wide-open tank battles with aerial firepower, six new vehicles will be introduced, including 3 scout helos such as the MD 530 “Little Bird”, and 3 ground attack aircraft like the A10 Warthog.

In addition, patch 1.3 is on the way, and with it comes single player co-op support, so you can grab a friend and tackle the bots as a team. Keep your eye on this space more details and new images from Battlefield 2: Armored Fury™*.  Stay frosty Soldiers!
 600 450
 600 450
 600 450

xav69

• Renegade Server VIP
    • View Profile
    • RAAF forums
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 02:06:37 AM »

i want that, i aint buying it over the net tho

mrnatrium

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2006, 09:25:13 AM »