Black-Cell.net

• April 20, 2019, 12:32:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Battlefield 2 servers  (Read 1818 times)

neosteel2

• View Profile
Battlefield 2 servers
« on: February 18, 2006, 05:04:15 PM »

Ever since I read the "State of the Community" news about the $140 a month for a BF2 server, I went on a hunt to find a server host that not only is cheaper, but has reliable servers. This is what I found.

Team BF2 servers: I have played on these types of servers, both from the Clifornia and Texas locations, over ground and wireless connections, and found it to be reliable. The ping is fairly average, around 20-60, and price is about right at $2.99 per slot. They as well offer the BF2cc daemon control panel already loaded onto the server for easier moderation for admin.

WOLF servers: These servers I can actually speak for, since about 1/4 of my gaming has been on a WOLF server. Ping isn't too great compared to the one from above, but with 30-70 it's not that bad. The price is a little higher, though, sitting at $4.99 per slot. However, since the price is high, they offer a deal. For anyone who rents a 44+ slot server, a 32 slot will be leased for free for the other version (i.e. 44 slot for BF2, 32 slot for SF and vice versa). Server locations are in Virginia, Texas (sold out) and Los Angeles.

If anyone can think of any others, please share them here.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 05:04:56 PM by neosteel2 »

xgamer888

• View Profile
Battlefield 2 servers
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 11:33:43 PM »

http://www.primarytarget.com/

I am an admin for a 64 player server, I have had ppl from all over the world play in it with minimal lag.

There cheep, and very fast.

X

The Ban Train might be making a visit to this thread soon if it derails any further.
"C'mon, ride the train...  Come ride it!"

"You need a cage, xgamer"  --SS217

Creed3020

• View Profile
Battlefield 2 servers
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 04:15:45 AM »

Well I came by the forum not to post about this originally, I came over because of a link put up in our forum (www.eoeclan.com).

I noticed this thread and decided to mention that we offer servers to other clans for affordable prices. http://servers.eoeclan.com/

Be sure to check out our prices and what kind of service we offer. We would love to be able to help you guys out!

If you want to try out one of our BF2 servers (it's our own main one) to see what pings are like, then visit 70.85.221.2:16567.
"The world is heading for mutiny
When all we want is unity
We may rise and fall, but in the end
We meet our fate together
One
The only way is one"

~Creed

425 85

vloktboky

• View Profile
Battlefield 2 servers
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 05:45:41 AM »

Creed, you sick ass mofo, you better tap me before I start bonin' other guys, yo! Boo-yah! ;'-*

Creed3020

• View Profile
Battlefield 2 servers
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 04:23:04 PM »

Did I mention that it comes with BF2CC, FTP access to all your server files (of course not to Python though  :wink:  ) and a TS server...

We also have another server that handles the VOIP to ensure that the actual game server doesn't get bogged down.

I do have to apologize for not all the pricing being there. We had a PayPal account switchup and many of the links are being updated or prices are being changed.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 04:23:59 PM by Creed3020 »
"The world is heading for mutiny
When all we want is unity
We may rise and fall, but in the end
We meet our fate together
One
The only way is one"

~Creed

425 85

neosteel2

• View Profile
Battlefield 2 servers
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 05:25:07 AM »

If you want to try out one of our BF2 servers to see what pings are like...
All of the servers hosted on a SONET OC48? That's...fast.  

topdogger

• View Profile
    • http://www.generation-x.ca
Battlefield 2 servers
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 01:34:03 AM »

Even though this topic is over a month old I thought I would contribute this:

http://www.seemeplayme.com/battlefield2/bf2ranked.aspx
Good host, I'm thinking of switching our 64 player server to them.  Reliable, good support, awsome ping!

http://www.freaks-network.com/
Currently with these guys.  Awsome support, semi reliable, previously had awsome ping times.  Since the new patch we have been having ping issues and other servers seem unaffected.  These guys don't provide FTP access to some of the files BTW.  This is a tad bit annoying when making a server side bot.
Genetix[/b]
Generation-X Webmaster
http://www.Generation-X.ca

xgamer888

• View Profile
Battlefield 2 servers
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 07:13:54 PM »

Did I mention that it comes with BF2CC, ...
I sure hope so, the console sucks.

X
The Ban Train might be making a visit to this thread soon if it derails any further.

neosteel2

• View Profile
Battlefield 2 servers
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 10:32:13 PM »

Even though this topic is over a month old I thought I would contribute...
THanks for the contributions, all. In fact, the reason I started this is the fact that I may start a server for Black-Cell (if ccfan would allow) and pay for it myself.

Oh, and it doesn't matter how old the topic is, I just need more ideas.

xgamer888

• View Profile
Battlefield 2 servers
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 01:35:05 AM »

If you need someone who knows the in and outs of BF2CC, I can help.

X

Di$$3nt3R

• View Profile
Battlefield 2 servers
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 07:32:45 PM »

I am not part of any clan at this point...but I am looking for a clan for a couple reasons.

Been playing BF2 for over 6 months now...I am damn good at the game and spend a good chunk of my life playing it.  But too often I am faced with servers full of noobs who TK, PUNISH for accidents (even after apologizing several times), FORCE the TK by standing in the way of vehicles / aircrafts, and just DO NOT know anything about team work and cooperation and being a CIVIL player.

That being said...I am willing to contribute to purchasing a server and the monthly fees if I can play with a group of people who know team work and if I am given ADMIN rights for when I am in the server.  I am a fair person, I know the rules of engagement...I know to WARN people before punting and I just want a fun place to play everytime I log in to my game.  

If this is something that your squad is willing to do then I will be willing to help out financially with any server costs if a Ranked BF2 server is ever purchased.

Email me

keady2@charter.net
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 07:33:16 PM by Di$$3nt3R »

xgamer888

• View Profile
Battlefield 2 servers
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2006, 03:42:40 PM »

Even though this topic is over a month old I thought I would contribute...
THanks for the contributions, all. In fact, the reason I started this is the fact that I may start a server for Black-Cell (if ccfan would allow) and pay for it myself.

Oh, and it doesn't matter how old the topic is, I just need more ideas.
If you are still intrested, PM me and I'll send you the contact info for James at Primary Target.  They use Peer networking and he explained it to me, thats why they can have a ping of less then 100 on the west coast and less thn 200 on the east coast and less then 225 in Aust.

He might be able to get you some better prices, you just have to talk to him  :)

Its a great thing!

X

alyangula

• 700 NOW!! AHAHA
    • View Profile
Battlefield 2 servers
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2006, 07:11:54 AM »

gamer mwats ur ip adress for ur BF2 server?
My Sig Sucks.. (PM me to make me a sig)
Pages: [1]   Go Up