Black-Cell.net

• October 24, 2018, 12:59:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: State of the Community  (Read 8890 times)

Dreamwraith

• View Profile
State of the Community
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2006, 01:59:18 AM »

DoD:S would be good...
lolk

akiller

• Donator
    • View Profile
State of the Community
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2006, 02:04:05 AM »

That is the problem with games with tons of people, you never get regulars..... just people that stop by and then go to a new server. But I think it would be cool to have a forum specifically for game discussions..... as someone else said before.

Goodguy34

• Renegade Server Moderator
    • View Profile
State of the Community
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2006, 12:23:00 AM »

Yeah, Dan/Pluto/me play CS:S quite regularly and wouldn't mind a BC server.
Lag would affect you too much to play a decent game. Just because we are on a different continent.

Herman169

• View Profile
State of the Community
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2006, 12:57:35 AM »

yea but other games i play online (HL2, socom, renegade, BF2 ps2/pc versions) arent affected that much from different continents.

alyangula

• 700 NOW!! AHAHA
    • View Profile
State of the Community
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2006, 01:28:40 AM »

id like to see some games have BC servers in them but also leave renegade in it
My Sig Sucks.. (PM me to make me a sig)

Atmahero

• View Profile
State of the Community
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2006, 02:50:08 PM »

I'd follow BC most likely, while I don't have CS:S, I know plenty of people who play it and with a WoWlike playerbase there are many opportunities for good expansion. I'd say CS:S.

About who said people will come and go, I play BF2:SF and I regular 24/7 Warlord Speedygameserv, even with such a large selection of servers, I stay on that server primarily. I don't see too many new faces there either, same people, with a few exceptions. I don't think getting regulars will be too hard if we have a decent base of people in the beginning.

vloktboky

• View Profile
State of the Community
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2006, 05:51:53 PM »

When RenEvo hosted a CS:S server, we had a very large database of regulars.

Goodguy34

• View Profile
State of the Community
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2006, 07:40:56 PM »

Problem is we're have to attract people already playing the new game. Renegade is probably sufficiently small now so that you can't create a decent set of regulars if you just use the current renegade regs.

Atmahero

• View Profile
State of the Community
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2006, 08:57:01 PM »

We still have some people who check the forums and don't even play renegade at all, and don't post much. Some of them would probably be glad to play CS:S under the BC name.

plutodevi

• Renegade Server Half-Moderator
    • View Profile
State of the Community
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2006, 10:05:13 PM »

The thing about CS:S is, as goodguy said, the lag will effect european players...or anyone not living in america too much to be able to play decent games, so any renegade regs, mods not from america won't be able to join you.
Still, CS:S is an awesome game...
UT2004 would be fun though. never played that online but it was fun on single player.
Falcon is a poo.

vloktboky

• View Profile
State of the Community
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2006, 11:01:12 PM »

An observation: expanding a community in a manner that is to include the entire body of the community is not necessarily expanding as it is enveloping what is in the immediate horizon.  Progress of growth will be limited if you try to expand in a way that is guaranteed to include what body of which you are currently made up.  If you go with a game that promises to treat all members already in the community equally, and you continue with this notion from then on out, you will find yourselves facing an equally harder task each and every step along the way, as the body which makes you up will continue to expand.  The total possible amount of "new members" you can receive will be directly limited by the current size of your network until you can no longer expand as trying to treat all members equally is infeasible.  If sacrifices are made along the way, say excluding all non North American players in one game, you can then in turn freely intake as many possible new members to the network as the game you decide to expand into can output.  The same can be said if you concentrate one force on European players.  The limits of this method are far less than the limits of the aforementioned strategy.

Either go with one game or concentrate multiple efforts into a single game - CS:S and a few other games or multiple servers, per say an American server, European server, and Australian server in just CS:S or another single game.  Simply because some players already in this network may not enjoy the same experience as others with one step is not necessarily a bad thing.  It is a catalyst to continue growth.  A simple concept.

Goodguy34

• View Profile
State of the Community
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2006, 12:19:50 PM »

Just a suggestion... Change the forums look, mainly the banner with the stealth tank/flame tank that appears in the top right. It acts as subliminal messaging. Also i'm fairly sure some people here could do a great job making a nice new banner.

Buster177

• View Profile
State of the Community
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2006, 01:05:58 PM »

no chance for me

a0chicken

• Life is one disappointment after another.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.ca
State of the Community
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2006, 02:13:44 PM »

I'm glad you told us, because quite frankly you were first on the list of talented photoshop mongers.

vloktboky

• View Profile
State of the Community
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2006, 07:24:12 PM »

I think it would be cooler to make one picture to rotate there for every game you are "involved" in.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up