Black-Cell.net

• July 21, 2019, 12:42:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sup all???  (Read 1605 times)

l00mpa

• View Profile
    • http://
sup all???
« on: September 17, 2003, 08:23:50 PM »

I've been playing at bc3 for a while now thought i'de stop by and say hey to everyone. I've been reading alot on this forum and others and ive seen a lot of complaining about newbs not mining right and all that. Yall know what i'm talking about. So im wondering why dont u guys put together something on tips and make a good heading and post it on the main page? Instead of all ur tips being scattered about. There are alot of new players that just simply dont know where to find tips or how to get around a forum. And don't get me wrong! Complaining can be good if u all do something with the complaints instead of letting them just be complaints!     SLAYYA LATOR....... :ph34r:  
What do u mean we only get 30 mines!!!! I can re-fill at anytime..........NOOBS

kytten9

• View Profile
    • Azure Twilight
sup all???
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2003, 08:27:58 PM »

Its not the new players we complain about, its the "i know better than you coz im god" bullshit players that are too anal retentive or thick to find this forum, we can but try.

Hint 1: Dont cheat
Hint 2: if u run in a straight line u deserve to be shot, no they are not cheating or hacking or using an aimbot
Hint 3: u dont like what i say blow it out your ass
Hint 4: follow the server rules
Hint 5: Respect the mods

There ya go

l00mpa

• View Profile
sup all???
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2003, 10:08:02 PM »

Thanxx Kitten9 for ur reply. Those are good points but, I was leaning twords a better way to inform a new player up front on how to play better with us. I dedicated alot of time to learn how to play with all the gamers. I diddn't want to piss anyone off and not have fun!! I really havent taken time to post in forums or pm's while playing in a server. The fact that this is my first pc causes it to be very hard to get around. I've played some of the big servers and then I discovered BC and it's a decent place to play! PEACE... :ph34r:  

Pyro227

• Renegade Server VIP
    • View Profile
sup all???
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2003, 10:08:41 PM »

once/ If ever i finish my hw i migth post a full "Pyros guide to learning common sense in Renegade" ill share some tips in game and ill also explain the basics, what to do in new, middle and toehr exp levels and what not...i have no life, so itll fit my day to day routine nicely...
But in short kytten summed it up ill ass more later
;)
I dont like n00bs, they use too much bandwidth, signatures too

kytten9

• View Profile
    • Azure Twilight
sup all???
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2003, 02:31:06 PM »

Here are a few hints and tips to new players on Renegade

its always a good idea to get an eng and help repair buildings or defend the base while observing what the rest of your team does
you can help repair tanks retreating from the field that are underfire and need assistance, this will enable you (if your smart enough) to
check what the opposing team is doing and how they are constructing an offence on your base/tanks. If you decide to be a hottie or tech do not mine. let
more experienced players do this, but by all means observe how they lay mines. this is always the best way to start off in renegade.

Hint never stand still in the open field and never run in straight or predicable lines as this will make you sniper bait. run randomly and strafe left and right
Hint setup your controls in a way that suits you and that you are confortable with
Hint play the maps in a server's rotation on your own so you can get the layout of the land, this is an advantage

When you become more confident and feel you will now engage the opponents in tanks remember the rule of thumb
NEVER LEAVE YOU TANK IN THE OPEN FIELD OR MAPS WITH NO BASE DEFENCE AS IT IS EASY TO STEAL AND ITS NOT ALWAYS STEALTH BLACK HAND THAT DO THISwatch your team and if the team is engaging in a rush, stay together try not to give the rush or position away as this will make the rush pointless

Hint again practice on your own so you can get used to they way each tank opperates and the best way in which to use it
Hint ask a friend to help you (if you have a friend from REN) have a 2 player game and that way you can see which tanks are best against others and infantry
Hint when firing from a tank at infantry aim at their feet as aims that are misjudged can go over their heads

When sniping or using infantry in a rush again dont stand still etc if everyone has a mobius/mendoza in an inf rush, buy an eng or hottie/tech to take out any mines
or repair them when its needed. If you get caught in the open by an apc for example split up the apc wont know which one to crush or shoot at
when firing at moving targets you must take in to account lag, how fast their computer is and you fps (frames per second) and ping. always lead the target when firing

When using a flying vehicle remember "C" is down and "space" is up but again if you are not comfy with this change it. Snipers can easily take out Orcas/Apaches' and Trans Choppers so change height, direction randomly and get away from fire to repair the vehicle. Orcas are useful for spraying the ground to light up a Stealth Tank rush.

Hint some tanks can fire at air vehicles also so remember this if you engage one and change direction and height again

When deploying beacons the best way to defend them is to sit a tank on top of the beacon as the tank has to be destroyed to get to the beacon which will be merrily ticking away

But always remember that practice makes perfect (or well at least it wont make you a n00b) and as you progress and gain experience in the game you will learn to do things others cant.

I hope this is what u were looking for as it took me ages to do.......

Pyro will probably PWN this but i dont care this is just what i did and im 42 in the ladder

Toodles, Kyt
« Last Edit: September 18, 2003, 02:40:53 PM by kytten9 »

Nemesis

• View Profile
sup all???
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2003, 04:27:17 PM »

Not bad, not bad...  :lol:

extra hint: if u see some guys getting ready for rush, join them, you can make the difference between win or loss.

don't keep sbh nukin if the gdi base is full of hotties, they will disarm for sure and get loads of points of it.

Bizmalt

• View Profile
sup all???
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2003, 04:27:52 PM »

Very sound advice.  I would only ad that its a good idea to go into a practice match  with a bud if you have one if not you can still do this. you buy one of every tank for say gdi. put them in the feild. then switch sides. now that your nod. start with basic guys first and go up to the feild and shoot the tanks. start with a minni gunner. thats the guy you start the game with. and shoot say the apc. fire all 400 rounds at it then get in it and c what you have done. hehe hint not alot. then do say the hummer.  um wow big dif  from what you did to the apc. uh. then the mrl and so on. then do this with the outher side.

By doing this you can c what does what to what. thats a mouth full uh. hehe.
and this hopefully will stop you from being the guy that sits there with the minni gunner trying to stop the med's from blowing you base to hell and back.  minni gunner vs med tank um wonder how many shots it takes to kill the med.

Bizmalt

• View Profile
sup all???
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2003, 04:39:31 PM »

As to the players that think their gods gift to ren i have this to say.

Get over your self because your not. The really great ren players dont have to brag about how good they are.  They are just good and every one know's it.

be humble grasshoper humble like the dust at your feet.

Spydah154

• View Profile
sup all???
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2003, 05:13:01 PM »

River Raid (or whatever its called) - DONT DRIVE ON THE GRASS!  Your tank cant shoot while driving on grass.  How convenient for nod their base has two nicely placed patches of it right on the way in at say the range a med would need to be to start firing on the base.

Repairing - Never repair unless you are in sight of the agt/obelisk.  If you are on a level  that doesnt have one beg for repairs and if nobody comes just let them know your getting out of your tank to repair and if gets stolen they can go f#$% themselves.

Also if you have to repair while running away I like to drive by repairs.  Namely I hop out the vehicle repair as I run alongside it for 2 seconds hop back in and drive a bit more.  Rinse and repeat.  Its a good way to taunt the sbhs into getting close enough to be run over.

Stolen Vehicles - Also if someone looses a vehicle can we stop with the everyone yelling indignantly?  I got out of med (and first told people I was, and told nearby teammates to hop in) to plant an Ion and everyone started yelling - who gave them a med?!  And its like... I did you jackasses... ya the guy with the mvp, now mvp * 2 after winning the game (props to scarfman for the assist).   That situation aside - next time you see a stolen vehicle instead of trying to yell at the person why not try and think of how you could have been a better team player by repairing that vehicle before the person felt desperate enough to get out and do it themselves.  Oh and when doing an APC run DO NOT GET OUT OF APC UNTIL IT IS DESTROYED!  You should be covering the building people are trying to take out not giving the enemy a free vehicle.

Random Question - Say nod steals your APC after a failed apc run at the beginning of the game.  Your in a med and you spot it.  You could chase after it and destroy it, but it may cost you your tank.  DO you go for it?

Misc - When your team is filled with pro's take the hit for the team and be a defender.  Last week I was on a team chock full of people who are amazing players.  All of us players who are used to running out and getting sh!t done, which means gdi ran right into the base (volcano) and took us out no time flat.  No one had mined, and if anyone was in base they were probably running right out to try more offense.

Mining - 3 per entrance, make sure you cover the ramp to the roof to the WF in any flying level as there are a couple of places you can put the nuke where it can be piss hard to get to.

Cheating - if you think someone is cheating, before anything check their ladder (push F2 and type !ladder name).  If they have a decently low rank, there is no way they could have cheated for so long without getting caught and thusly are most likely innocent.  If you'are convinced they are cheating, spend the rest of the game hunting them down and trying to kill them and try taking incriminating screenshots.

Obe walking - Yes if you walk backwards the obelisk ignores you.  THIS IS A BUG AND THEREFORE IS CHEATING! *glares at nfecti0n*

Lastly - LESS TALK MORE KILL! IF YOU WANT TO CHAT GET YOUR ASS OUT OF THE GAME AND GO ON IRC OR SOMETHING.  Jesus says so!

Nemesis

• View Profile
sup all???
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2003, 03:50:15 AM »

When you steal a vehicle(never one of your teammates)Take it back to base as it cut's their limit. eg. When you have 4 stolen vehicles in your base, they can only build 4(3).

Spydah154

• View Profile
sup all???
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2003, 06:19:03 AM »

When you steal a vehicle(never one of your teammates)Take it back to base as it cut's their limit. eg. When you have 4 stolen vehicles in your base, they can only build 4(3).
That is like my biggest pet peeve.  People will steal a good vehicle and instead of parking get it trashed like a minute later.   Idiots.

Bra1nDaMG

• View Profile
sup all???
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2003, 01:13:21 PM »

that's a good point. i've not thought about it... thanks for advice  B)

P.S.
the problem is keeping them untouched by the team

Nemesis

• View Profile
sup all???
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2003, 03:57:14 PM »

Just tell them, and when they do take it, they are stealing your vehicle. Do the math yourself.

l00mpa

• View Profile
sup all???
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2003, 08:13:55 PM »

Thanx for all the replys. Theres so many different tactics it would take ages to type them all out. I believe the more tactics posted the better the players will be. Even the pros! Maby we should opt for just a section on tactics??? Collect all the decent tactics posted and stuff them all in one place. Hell I learned a couple things from this post allread! Just an idea... Thanx kytten9 for taking the time to type all that out.........slayya lator :ph34r:  
Pages: [1]   Go Up