Black-Cell.net

• July 21, 2019, 12:39:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A guide to playing Ren  (Read 2864 times)

Bra1nDaMG

• View Profile
    • http://
A guide to playing Ren
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2003, 10:42:43 PM »

from your words i can understand that only snipers know what they are doing   :rolleyes:  

Pyro227

• Renegade Server VIP
    • View Profile
A guide to playing Ren
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2003, 10:54:12 PM »

no, i like snipers, but im much more of a tank person. I just dont like ppl that get like mrls on islands and points whore the hand from "right outside the base" (btw i kick for that) but if you drive a tank all game and get lots of kills and stuff and kill lots of tanx, then your kool 2...
I dont like n00bs, they use too much bandwidth, signatures too

kytten9

• View Profile
    • Azure Twilight
A guide to playing Ren
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2003, 12:05:20 PM »

I just dont like ppl that get like mrls on islands and points whore the hand from "right outside the base" (btw i kick for that)
Point whores get pwned by Pyro^^  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

Bizmalt

• View Profile
A guide to playing Ren
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2003, 01:12:47 PM »

A word about n00b's

Somthing I think we all seem to forget is that at one time we were all new to the game. So we all were n00bs at one point. My self I dont mind new players . Matter a fact we need them. They bring new life to the game.  And keep the game growing. Personally I think its fun to watch them learn and grow into the slayers of tomorrow.  Of corse there is going to be some bad eggs. Thats just part of life. And thankfully we have the power to weed them out.

So the next time you hear some one say. How do i go up in a heli. Stop for a min and think did I have to ask that same Question. And if the answer is yes well then maybe just maybe you will take the time to stop and expain whats what.

kytten9

• View Profile
    • Azure Twilight
A guide to playing Ren
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2003, 02:36:24 PM »

Well said but n00b refers to idiots who know what they are doing but want someone else to do it for them or point whores.

But i have put some hints for new players in the post that asked for general advice, this post was here just to bitch, but i did say sooner or later someone would put me in my place.... anyway check out "sup all" in the renegade section where i put genuine advice and i would invite you all to do the same. how you all started and became man-slayers of today and how you would advise others to do this.

Toodles, Kyt
« Last Edit: September 18, 2003, 02:38:23 PM by kytten9 »

Bizmalt

• View Profile
A guide to playing Ren
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2003, 04:04:50 PM »

i guess a better term would be newbie. and save n00b for the bad eggs:)

Spydah154

• View Profile
A guide to playing Ren
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2003, 10:09:37 PM »

no, i like snipers, but im much more of a tank person. I just dont like ppl that get like mrls on islands and points whore the hand from "right outside the base" (btw i kick for that) but if you drive a tank all game and get lots of kills and stuff and kill lots of tanx, then your kool 2...

You know Im kinda sick and tired of hearing the term point whore.  Where you see something negative I see effective strategy.

Look at it this way:

Say its the very beginning of the game.  Maybe one or two techies laying mines, engis trying to rush with support and get into vehicles and attack the other base asap.

If yu MRLS the HON from just outside the base, you could be taking the time of up to 3 people.  How is that a bad thing?  Sure points are being acrued (by not only yourself but those repairing) but if what I do forces more than one person to have to deal with me then its an very effective startegy nothing more nothing less.  Besides MRLS have such weak armor it should be no problem for someone to deal with the problem.  Snipers.... ravies, hell even a couple of engis can take one out no prob.  Now Base to Base... well I was one of the very first people to jump on that bandwagon (being against it that is).  

Not only that but if its point whoring then its cash whoring.  Which you gotta do.  Because lord only knows when the ref is goind down (especially if your gdi on Islands)  so you wanna make sure you have a nice resevoir of cash to dig into once its gone.

See its for that I disagree (but obey!) the no mrls/arty on the hill rule in hourglass.  Besides, the games been out for two years now.  Anyone who lets their ref go like that deserves it.  This rule of yours has taken away 1/3 of the entire game on that map!  

The only rule I think their should be in hourglass is the ability to distract the obe from the top of the hill.  GDI gunners can do it very effectively Ive seen.

Remember - this is just an opinion, if any of the rules REALLY bothered me I wouldnt play on the server anymore.  And so you know, Ive been playing since the very first day the demo came out.  When I played my most I was hanging out on Dominion 1.  I refuse to play anywhere else now.  Nothing tops Black Cell 4 IMO.

kytten9

• View Profile
    • Azure Twilight
A guide to playing Ren
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2003, 10:26:48 PM »

Point Whore= glory, self-centred glory

The point of having TEAMS is TEAMWORK thats why they are hated

Point whores will rather attack then defend the base and work to do rushes that is also pointless as both can make a difference.

if u wanna point whore or seek glory play medal of honour allied assault on a free for all match  

Pyro227

• Renegade Server VIP
    • View Profile
A guide to playing Ren
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2003, 01:47:48 AM »

If yu MRLS the HON from just outside the base, you could be taking the time of up to 3 people. How is that a bad thing?

Well when you do it for a good portion of the game and have 2-3k points, its annoying, i myself dont want to be a teck sittin in the HON for 20 minutes.

Not only that but if its point whoring then its cash whoring. Which you gotta do. Because lord only knows when the ref is goind down (especially if your gdi on Islands) so you wanna make sure you have a nice resevoir of cash to dig into once its gone.

One thing i dont like is the ppl that just sit there, you hear "nuclear strike beacon deployed"  and they just sit there. =/

See its for that I disagree (but obey!) the no mrls/arty on the hill rule in hourglass. Besides, the games been out for two years now. Anyone who lets their ref go like that deserves it. This rule of yours has taken away 1/3 of the entire game on that map!

I myself like this rule, technically, b2b is when one person sit in the comfort of their base protected by players and defenses just sittin there, now when you have an arty you can easily hit the ref, but when you try tp get a med up there, you cant level it off w/ out gettin hit  by the obby.  Once again, its no fun sittin in a single building repairing it for most of the game, i like to have fun and shoot shit. and 1/3 of the game? you can still get tanks up there, just not mrls/artys/rockets soldiers.

then again, all just opinions.
I dont like n00bs, they use too much bandwidth, signatures too

Nemesis

• View Profile
A guide to playing Ren
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2003, 03:38:59 AM »

Haven't we had this discussion before?

Spydah154

• View Profile
A guide to playing Ren
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2003, 05:57:47 AM »

Haven't we had this discussion before?
Well excuuuuuse me for missing it.... sheesh.

cabal0428

• View Profile
A guide to playing Ren
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2003, 06:06:59 AM »

Too bad most of them n00bs are too stupid to find this forum. MOST of them.
Well actually they probably couldn't open something with this many pictures using AOL. :tongue:  
<Raven> cuz retards shouldn breed
<cabal0428> ok then
* cabal0428 hands raven a box of condoms
<Raven> wow dey r baloons

kytten9

• View Profile
    • Azure Twilight
A guide to playing Ren
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2003, 08:16:44 AM »

Too bad most of them n00bs are too stupid to find this forum. MOST of them.
Well actually they probably couldn't open something with this many pictures using AOL. :tongue:
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up