Black-Cell.net

• November 19, 2019, 12:10:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: A guide to playing Ren  (Read 3002 times)

kytten9

• View Profile
    • Azure Twilight
A guide to playing Ren
« on: September 15, 2003, 06:30:31 PM »

I'll quote something Louis said on the IRC the other day.

Common Sense is the least common faculty to be found in a human being!

Why is it that day in day out, regular players of renegade (such as myself) are afronted with battling in game with their opponents, Cheaters, Hackers, N00bs (unfortunatley this majority seems to be growing), and biggots??

Not to start an arguement but this game isnt exactly rocket science is it ladies and gentlemen, so why are people forced to cheat? Beats me!

Then we find out how fasinating it is that timed c4 kills us or our enemy but not other members of our team-look how pretty then we die!

And lastly, you have no idea who each person in the game is, you dont know their veiws and we get...
Faggots, Gay fucks, bitches (as in women), and my most hated insult for a person of coloured origin which i will not write as i destest this word so much!

Grow up please!.....

Post your two cents on the standards of any ren game, match or server.

IM SO GLAD THIS SERVER DEALS WITH THESE PPL!

louis

• Network Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.black-cell.net
A guide to playing Ren
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2003, 06:55:55 PM »

actually, awe said the thing about common sense.

Spydah154

• View Profile
A guide to playing Ren
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2003, 07:15:51 PM »

Common sense seems to be an oxy moron in this game.  Maybe Common Sense needs to be renamed as it doesnt seem very common.  Just today some idiot was trying to tell everyone on NOD (hourglass mix) to buy stanks to rush GDI.   Uhm hello, they would get torn asunder by the agt.

Pyro227

• Renegade Server VIP
    • View Profile
A guide to playing Ren
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2003, 07:52:56 PM »

i know i like to say, "common sense is the least common of all senses"

I.e if its city, and a buggy runs to the wf and 2 tecks jump out and go into it, dont grab the almost dead buggy, kill the tecks that just ran in.

If you year something like "GDI powerplant under attack" DO NOT spam with raido commands "Builing needs repair" over and over when its was probally jut an apc shooting it or it is not gettin hit at all and may of been a stray shell.

If your GDI, dont get out of your tanks when NOD has the hand or till long after it had been destroied, there are ppl in a 24 player game that will just be a SBH and sit and wait for either a sniper rifle or a moron to get out of their tank

If your new, dont try to be boss, if soemone with experience is doin something listen to them, ive been in plenty of stank rushes where some idiot had to hit the harvie or tank abous to pass us thus givin off our position and and ending the rush.

i could add alot more, maybe if im bored ill make something but most importantly KNOW THE FRIGGIN MINE LIMIT! mines are very important, they do not belong in tunnels or at the front of the base. *note* mines do very badly at killing vehicles, a mine will take about 30 hp off of a vech, know how many points a mes has? 800, itll take about the full 30 mine mine LIMIT to kill one tank, but the you need to worry about the hottie that just ran into the hand, let the base defenses if any take care of tanks, and let the mines take care of ppl, if properly placed INSIDE the door of a building, not on the walls or ceilding where there isnt as much force, 4 properly placed mines that are not on top of one another will kill a teck or hottie, when you stack mines on ontop of another if the bottom one is taken out, they all dissappear.

so onece again, use some common sense ppl, it would really help

;)
I dont like n00bs, they use too much bandwidth, signatures too

Nemesis

• View Profile
    • http://
A guide to playing Ren
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2003, 03:48:34 AM »

Too bad most of them n00bs are too stupid to find this forum. MOST of them.

Caperucita

• Renegade Server VIP
    • View Profile
A guide to playing Ren
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2003, 05:33:11 AM »

lol thats a good 1, if ppl can use there sense they can see in right side of top forum where u can read something that said "View New Posts" so u can see all posted msg  :rolleyes:  

BZSentinel

• View Profile
A guide to playing Ren
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2003, 12:30:35 PM »

Just today some idiot was trying to tell everyone on NOD (hourglass mix) to buy stanks to rush GDI.   Uhm hello, they would get torn asunder by the agt.
Actually, That actually works. If you get 4-5 stanks going over the top of the hill, and fireing at the same time, you can take the agt in in 10 sec, and still have engouh health left to do some more damage. I have only got enough people to do it once, but it works really well if you get enough.
Heres to the wingman

kytten9

• View Profile
    • Azure Twilight
A guide to playing Ren
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2003, 01:01:42 PM »

Hey ^^^ and i was just bitching....but Pyro thank god someone else understands the finer points of mining, that just pisses me off completely when your left with a n00b miner, how nice <<sarcasm>>

Bra1nDaMG

• View Profile
A guide to playing Ren
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2003, 01:15:58 PM »

i saw onse one asshole that mined all the floor of an obelisk with at least 10-15 mines, it's copmletely useless, couse when someone enters, all mines will explode at once, but it is still better that anything.
mining is very important if you do it right, 4 mines per door...

Pyro227

• Renegade Server VIP
    • View Profile
A guide to playing Ren
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2003, 07:01:52 PM »

i saw onse one asshole that mined all the floor of an obelisk with at least 10-15 mines

Only once? lucky bastard, or you must not play alot. ive seem all 30 mines in agt on under or some other map dozens of times, what ppl dont understand is when someone walks into them, all of them go off in that general range, 4 will kill a teck, 5 will kill anything, but as long as the body is there it will set off any mines that egt close enough, ever have one building left and someone goes through the mines? and you start mining before the body dissappears? the mines go off, as long as your close enough they go off, which would explain why people get confused when they see 2 ppl run into a building they put 12 mines in, the 1st person takes em all out and the other person goes in, but 12 mines spaced at far enough intervals can kill 2-3 ppl...

then again ive only been with this game since it first came out, what do i kno...

Spyder247

• View Profile
    • http://clanevo.unleashed.ws
A guide to playing Ren
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2003, 07:38:43 PM »

Just today some idiot was trying to tell everyone on NOD (hourglass mix) to buy stanks to rush GDI.   Uhm hello, they would get torn asunder by the agt.
Actually, That actually works. If you get 4-5 stanks going over the top of the hill, and fireing at the same time, you can take the agt in in 10 sec, and still have engouh health left to do some more damage. I have only got enough people to do it once, but it works really well if you get enough.
If you go to the side you can make it quite far to the AGT before taking any real heavy damage. The wall will block most of the AGT's fire except when you cross to get to the wall.

Your question is not to ask why but to do or die.
Clan Evolution

kytten9

• View Profile
    • Azure Twilight
A guide to playing Ren
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2003, 01:09:12 PM »

PLEASE SEE PYRO'S 2 ENTRIES!

OMG Pyro what have i done to you, i was just moaning but i have set u off on a rampage........ I m sorry.

IF it helps you do know it said GAME on the box?

But everyone that has posted has made a really good point....... I thought you would all tell me to shut up bitching (having said that the admin havent replied yet, im sure someone will tell me)

Take it easy and if you spot a n00b, biggot or cheat in game TELL THE MODS DO NOT TRY TO DEAL WITH IT YOURSELF!!!

Toodles, Kyt

Bizmalt

• View Profile
A guide to playing Ren
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2003, 06:21:18 PM »

just a short note pyro. your right that the limit is 30 on the mines. but what you are forgeting is that all mines count. timed and remote count to your total. so if you mine the base with 30 mines and then send two hotties in to kill pp and they place each place two timed and two remote you lose the first 8 mines you placed. Just something to think about.

Bra1nDaMG

• View Profile
A guide to playing Ren
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2003, 06:36:46 PM »

in that case someone must stay constantly in the base and remine the doors if necessary

Pyro227

• Renegade Server VIP
    • View Profile
A guide to playing Ren
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2003, 07:14:09 PM »

sry kty just needed to release some n00b rage and get some common sense into some ppl, plus only remote c4's count for the 30, i dont think timed do, ive gone in 1 player games with my self and tested, i put down all 30 mines and then kept puttin timed c4 on all of em, and nuthin dissappeared =/ but still...   And if your new, ask me what to do, or listent/watch/learn what other players do (good ones) having a high rank on wol doent nessisarly mean the persons a good player, it just means they are a pointwhore. Snipers, for instance have low scores and low deaths but high kills, they know what they are doing...and another thi...ehh, ill cut it there :P
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up