Black-Cell.net

• October 19, 2018, 11:54:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 133   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for DA suggestions  (Read 115485 times)

Whitedragon

• Network Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://black-cell.net
Looking for DA suggestions
« on: October 24, 2004, 09:19:50 AM »

Were looking for new features to add to DA, anyone have any suggestions?
DragonServ, Renegade's first IRC interface bot
Creator and lead coder (2002 - )

Dragonade, Renegade's first server side modification
Lead coder (2005 - )

DragonGuard, Renegade's first server side anti-cheat
Creator and lead coder (2006 - 2008)

SSAOW/SSGM, Renegade's most used piece of software
Lead coder (2005 - 2008)

ti89rules

• Renegade Server VIP
  • PPPPP_@|
    • View Profile
    • http://members.optusnet.com.au/kenwastaken
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 11:24:17 AM »

well... is it just me, or have you stopped giving 25 kill points to the killer of a building?
233 104      
"The mightiest of weapons is truth. And everyone knows you’re not permitted to enter a Government building with a weapon."

shdow

• Renegade Server Half-Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 11:29:10 AM »

not just you...  :huh:  

Goodguy34

• Renegade Server Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 11:39:21 AM »

I think this is probably DS but an auto b2b message to the offender would still be nice.
EDIT: a new map would be good too, need a n00b filter  :tongue:  
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004, 12:14:57 PM by Goodguy34 »

kamikazo0

• the apocalypse tank of LOVE
  • Renegade Division Leader
    • View Profile
    • http://www.black-cell.net
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2004, 12:52:13 PM »

Well, I noticed now that the server can identify who has placed a beacon. So, if it's possible you can make like a sort of zone in that certain part of the tunnels in Field and in the tunnels beneath the airstrip in Canyon. And if a beacon is placed in that zone the planter of said beacon can be auto-kicked and... I don't know if you can do this, but when a beacon is planted in that zone it will be disarmed automatically following the planter's kick. It could also be put on the tops of certain buildings  i.e: The top of the WF  in Canyon and the top of the Refinery in some other maps.

Loki

• Renegade Server VIP
    • View Profile
    • http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/r/g/rgm151/
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2004, 01:23:51 PM »

Just wondering have all the glitches with everything that's already around been worked out?  And if so, when will they be implemented in BC4?

Would it be possible to like make crate effects purchaseable?  Cuz I think that would be really cool.  But only certain crate effects, like maybe make second wind , and have it cost alot like maybe 5000.  And the spy crate effect could be like super expensive like 20000.  The only stipulation I would have with that is that when someone buys an effect it pages the server and it tells everyone in game who bought what, and so on and so forth.

Maybe use commands like !buy second-wind, something to that effect.  And there could be !buyhelp for n00bs.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004, 01:26:01 PM by aodloki68 »

louis

• Network Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2004, 01:41:00 PM »

Well, I noticed now that the server can identify who has placed a beacon. So, if it's possible you can make like a sort of zone in that certain part of the tunnels in Field and in the tunnels beneath the airstrip in Canyon. And if a beacon is placed in that zone the planter of said beacon can be auto-kicked and... I don't know if you can do this, but when a beacon is planted in that zone it will be disarmed automatically following the planter's kick. It could also be put on the tops of certain buildings  i.e: The top of the WF  in Canyon and the top of the Refinery in some other maps.
discussed numerous times, not going to happen. as for disarming the beacon once they're kicked, when you kick someone the beacon goes neutral and does no damage.

falcon030

• Office(US) > Office(UK)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2004, 03:48:26 PM »

How about that old idea? Being able to purcahse weapons when you're veteran or elite status for the price of the character or less? And commanders being able to buy vehicles without the WF/strip?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004, 03:48:43 PM by falcon030 »

Blazea58

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2004, 04:23:56 PM »

One major thing that im sure a few people would agree with that should be changed is the weather system. Ive noticed when its blizzarding its got atleast 3 particles per inch for density, which i find is an extremly large amount just for something that only improves the looks of the game rather then gameplay.
  Frame rate gets taken away in large snow or rain storms etc, where as even using 0.30 particles per inch has the same effect, except it doesnt chop the fps up.

Another thing i would like to see is the crate system more modified so there are new features, better crates etc. I find things like the random character crate can be quite annoying when your a havoc sniping etc. I know you take the risk just like gambling , but it sure would add alot more to the game if there were some new addons to that.

If at all possible it sure would be nice to see more vehicles leave remains behind also, because right now just having the ability to save a medium or a hummer (vise versa) makes it so those vehicles are actually more valuable in reality.

Also another thing ive noticed is when your turret/tower has been destroyed you have to pay 100 dollers cash per time. A suggestion would be to instead just make it drain all your money according to how much is needed for it.

Most people who are going to pitch in, are usually fully worthy of paying for the entire thing, and will sometimes take up to 6 minutes of walking back and forth just to rebuild it. Its not a big deal as i can see 100 dollers just makes more sense, for people that cant afford to loose all their credits.

Not sure if this is still in dragonade, but the taunts sure do look old now that everyone has seen them so much. Im sure that would add alot to visual effects.

Gameplay wise, id suggest many more crate locations, as people tend to memorize where they spawn, making it very easy to go back and grab the next as it spawns etc.

Other then that, ive been playing strictly bc server for the last 5 months, and havent really been interested in regular renegade because of all the stuff it lacks.

Its great as is, im just putting up my opinion. :grin:  

Goodguy34

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2004, 04:49:52 PM »

Add the flying tree to gameplay

kamikazo0

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2004, 05:08:26 PM »

I have a few ideas:

I know we've discussed this before but I don't know what you decided on so, maybe making the !sellveh command. When you type !sellveh while inside your vehicle it will either get destroyed or just disappear and you will recieve either a full refund or half the money you paid for it.

I was also thinking about some more crates maybe something like the power crate but instead of just disabling the Obelisk/AGT it can disable other buildings. So, it can disable the Refinery for a certain amount of time and no one on that team will recieve money.. same idea for the other buildings. Maybe even a "de-donation crate" where instead of your team recieving credits they lose a random amount of credits. I can't think of anymore crates for now.

My final idea is for the vehicle shells, I was thinking the MRLS/Arty could also become a shell when they are destroyed.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004, 05:09:56 PM by kamikazo0 »

falcon030

• Office(US) > Office(UK)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2004, 05:11:16 PM »

The reason some tanks don't have shells is because there is no model in the game therefore it's not possible.

kamikazo0

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2004, 05:13:35 PM »

Oh, didn't know that sorry. Scratch that last idea.

Goodguy34

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2004, 05:28:06 PM »

try and fix it so the apache and orca wrecks work? would it be possible to add things like, speed boosts or make the weapons more potent for a certain period of time.

That tiberium crystal havesting would be nice to see.
!teamfund
i can't remember what was said about making the agt stronger.. but possibly making it so if you pay 5000 creds or something the base defence  becomes stronger for a minute or 2.
I kinda don't agree with letting the commander/elite get vehicles after the wf/airstrip are dead, it means that there wasn't that big a point in killing the WF
If anything it means the commander will buy only stanks or only meds,  to create a rush.
A clergy paradrop crate for... god knows what reason.. fun?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004, 05:32:30 PM by Goodguy34 »

a0chicken

• Life is one disappointment after another.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.ca
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2004, 07:15:09 PM »

How about a crate that drops a clergy on your head and makes a MASSIVE 'splosion.
Like... KABOOM I'm gonna wipe out half of the field!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 133   Go Up