renalert
- 8 (21.1%)
neither
- 2 (5.3%)
both
- 4 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: reborn/renalert  (Read 3785 times)

Aircraftkiller

• Banned
    • View Profile
reborn/renalert
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2003, 06:09:13 AM »

i have mixed feelings about both of these mods...

Renalert looks alot better and judging from the betas ive played of both mods, plays better.

but im looking forward to Reborn more because im a big TS fan.
Great, I get my posts deleted because I write something anti-Reborn?

Most people here haven't even played Reborn, and all they're looking at is the overhyped screenshots that aren't showing what the modification truly looks like. You see some nicely dressed up images but you don't see anything else.

Which is sad, really... They've got to cover up their lack of work and make it look better than it really is.
Your post was not deleted because it was "anti-Reborn".  It was deleted because it was a blunt attack towards anyone who liked the mod.  Telling someone they have low standards because they like a mod isn't needed.
So ACK, because you "know" everything no one else can have an opinion different than your own?

Please show me where I've stated that you cannot have an opinion. I'd really like to see it.

What I'm saying, and what you're taking wrong, is that Reborn isn't some kind of "wonder modification" because you saw some decent screenshots. You saw what they wanted you to see and nothing more.

Duke of Nukes

• View Profile
reborn/renalert
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2003, 06:15:56 AM »

ACK, you automatically say if people dont like the same thing as you then they have low standards or whatever. It's been that way since the first map for Renegade came out and I doubt it's going to change any time soon. the fact of the matter is that we have found very few of your maps to be any better than the rest of those out there.

vloktboky

• View Profile
reborn/renalert
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2003, 06:17:32 AM »

Where in my post did I say it was a "wonder modification"?  Again, your post wasn't deleted because it was "anti-Reborn", it was deleted because it was a blunt attack towards anyone who does like it.  You say you can have your own opinions, so can everyone else.  If you don't want to respect theirs, they won't respect yours.

Also, there was no need to quote me in your post.

FX

• Renegade Server Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://fx.black-cell.net
reborn/renalert
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2003, 07:35:22 AM »

Reborn > all other mods I've seen so far.

Aircraftkiller

• Banned
    • View Profile
reborn/renalert
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2003, 01:46:36 PM »

ACK, you automatically say if people dont like the same thing as you then they have low standards or whatever. It's been that way since the first map for Renegade came out and I doubt it's going to change any time soon. the fact of the matter is that we have found very few of your maps to be any better than the rest of those out there.
And this has what to do with anything? I don't care if you find my levels to be playable or not. You're only running mine, anyhow, ever notice that?  :rolleyes:

Please explain what's so awesome about it.

Duke of Nukes

• View Profile
reborn/renalert
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2003, 02:14:11 AM »

I personally am pretty confident they will both suck...

and ACK, trust me when I say, if it were up to me, we wouldn't be running any of yours. on my server I'm going to be running a few of yours...simply because there are only about 5 infantry only maps...so it's not like there's an ultimate selection I can pick from...and I also dont have much to compare yours to.

Nemesis

• View Profile
    • http://
reborn/renalert
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2003, 03:42:36 AM »

I doubt there are only 5, minimum 10 I'd say, but u gotta look out for them.

Duke of Nukes

• View Profile
reborn/renalert
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2003, 06:58:29 AM »

Infantry only, Nemesis...not DM

Gobi, Sands, Titanic, Haunted 2, Mineshaft

and storage is kind of one too...but it has a recon bike cache.

FX

• Renegade Server Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://fx.black-cell.net
reborn/renalert
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2003, 09:16:09 AM »

And this has what to do with anything? I don't care if you find my levels to be playable or not. You're only running mine, anyhow, ever notice that?  :rolleyes:

Please explain what's so awesome about it.
I have seen the ingame screenshots from beta 1.0 that's why I think it is going to be awesome.

The units look cool, the builings look a bit off in the screenshots, but that might be the point of view.

The Mammoth Mark II pwns arse, and I want to use it.

If you don't like it, I don't care, and I doubt anyone else here does.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2003, 09:16:47 AM by finalx629 »

Aircraftkiller

• Banned
    • View Profile
reborn/renalert
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2003, 04:01:52 AM »

Praytell, have you even tried it? How can you know if something "pwns arse" if you've never even used it?

I've already driven the thing - it gets hung up on everything in your base. Harvesters push it around and prevent you from moving anywhere, building parts stop you from getting out of the base... About one out of three times you're able to get out if the Harvester isn't coming back. It's also extremely difficult to aim as it has no turret, is really slow, and has a slow turning speed. Your 1,200\1,200 armor and health will be downed by a simple Tick Tank.

The unit modeling is decent. The texturing is horrible because it's all blurry and UVW Mapped instead of unwrapped.

So if you don't care about what I think.. I don't expect you to respond to this.

Aircraftkiller

• Banned
    • View Profile
reborn/renalert
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2003, 04:03:05 AM »

I personally am pretty confident they will both suck...

and ACK, trust me when I say, if it were up to me, we wouldn't be running any of yours. on my server I'm going to be running a few of yours...simply because there are only about 5 infantry only maps...so it's not like there's an ultimate selection I can pick from...and I also dont have much to compare yours to.
I don't even know why I bother to acknowledge your presence... I haven't seen much that you don't think sucks. There might be one level that you actually like and everything else is garbage to you.

Not that it matters... zap.

Nemesis

• View Profile
reborn/renalert
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2003, 05:23:46 AM »

Just stfu, if i want your opinion, i will give it to you :lol:  

Duke of Nukes

• View Profile
reborn/renalert
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2003, 07:44:21 PM »

actually, I like alot of levels...it just happens that the only levels of yours that I like are the infantry only maps and River Canyon.

Bestaimer

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/bestaimersclan
reborn/renalert
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2003, 09:26:44 AM »

I think both mods look great, but I like the renalert better. I will definetly play both of them.
I can't wait to kill you!!!

Visit my internet site to get more information about my clan:
http://www.geocities.com/bestaimersclan
http://bestaimer.aowc.net

hawk10314

• View Profile
reborn/renalert
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2003, 10:30:09 PM »

i like reborn better it goes along the lines of the tiberian series and i think it looks alot better then renalert. renalert is basicly all new models from what i see but reborn has mechs subterainian stuff stealth detectors jump jet infatry and alot more.   renalert just didnt catch my eye  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up