Black-Cell.net

• February 24, 2018, 07:39:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Rule?  (Read 5720 times)

punkun21

• Renegade Division Leader
    • View Profile
Re: New Rule?
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2008, 01:09:23 AM »

That is exactly right, and they are correct "in context." Hence the not noticing all chat part.

"i dont know why your saying i dont tell admins/divleaders/mods when shit is wrong ( i can only assume all of that was directed towards me ) because i do or atleast used to when i played but oh wait they were never there what a suprise give a solution that is impractical and wont get shit done because it was done in the past and didnt work"

I think I can honestly say that I have never had a PM from you that I hadn't replied to. Technically you are supposed to PM a DL first and then an admin, and that is mainly because the admins are doing other things, just as DL's are. CC is good because he has access to server logs and such in order to research someones case. The point is, if you PM someone and don't get an answer, there's a good chance that they are afk. Poll and teampoll are there, because of the fact that someone with power is not always around.

DogNXC

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2008, 01:11:24 AM »

Our mods and myself included are in a game to play a game....

your words not mine =(
...Also, teampoll is there for a reason.

yeah teampoll in a server that rarely reachers more than 4 players at a time BEST IDEA EVAR YOU SHOULD BE PRESIDENT OR SOMETHING

Vote for Punkun!

Vixenish

• Sexy Teen Girl and Official BC Loli Rape Bike
  • Renegade Server Half-Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.redvsblue.com
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2008, 01:12:57 AM »

Sorry, I went off in the wrong direction with in a game to play a game. However if what Dude says is true then maybe I didn't. If he did in fact page 4 times and it was missed 4 times then it isn't his fault. I would say it is the  hmod/mod/DL/admins fault. I mean, go ahead get right into the game thats awesome we bought it to enjoy and accepted the powers and the repsonibilities that come with them on the understanding we still got to play. However when you miss 4 pages from someone who needs help and that person gets angry you don't think its appropriate to later apologize or at least thank them for being patient enough to wait till another mod came into game to notify them? This type of issue might have been avoided otherwise.

Anyway something to think about for future reference.

I'm not saying this to you Punkun. I already know you're a good DL. I'm just bringing up solutions for others in case they're in a situation like this sometime.

I<3WD

• I SALUTE YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2008, 01:23:09 AM »

Our mods and myself included are in a game to play a game

That pretty much says "I'm ingame to play" I've said this atleast 4 times already, I wasn't trying to tell you what to do. Listen and take that in stop using that as a insult/defense. I was stating that it did take 4 maps, there was not an obvious warning because it did happen over at least 4 maps, that's why I kept pushing it. Also You warned him once the other mods brought it to attention. If you had warned him before hand if I recall correctly it would have been an auto kick not another warning after repeated so called warnings.

It took me a while but I would just like to bring this to attention

[17:24:15]    &BCServ5: punkun > ((warn) chrisisdabomb - giving team vechs away is a bad idea - 01/18/2008 20:27:38)
[17:24:15]    &BCServ5: Dudez0r > ((tban) chrisisdabomb - Giving the enemy vehs is bad after warned - 01/18/2008 20:31:42)
[17:24:15]    &BCServ5: punkun > ((tban) chrisisdabomb - giving away team vehicles is bad - 01/18/2008 20:31:57

Time stamps pretty much say it all.

-Ionos-

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2008, 01:26:46 AM »

clearly enough people have responded with dissatisfaction to the moderation of the server nothing personal to anyone so dont get your panties in a bundle but if you dont listion to the player base the playerbase goes POOF to jelly and wait dont half of BCs mods play in jelly anyway, clearly something is wrong if you dont want to change whatever im just a regular here who am i to object to your devine foresight but ignoring your player bases' will to the extent that they all leave shouldnt be your objective so say what you want about me, your's is the server thats empty all day i cant be the cause of that it can only be the admins/DL/mods doing something wrong or doing nothing at all that should be more then enough proof that i am again right and you are all again wrong because sooner or later bc goes bye bye and i can sit in front my computer looking at my screen being bored outta my skull because there is noone to talk to and can let out a small smile and laugh i told ya so

EPIC SPGS CAN BE CREATED IN 0.39 SECONDS
prblmkid sucks at life and takes it in the butt

I<3WD

• I SALUTE YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2008, 01:48:39 AM »

I'm not gunna get into anymore I've made my point and I'm happy. All it took was him saying
[18:26:07] [Team] chrisisdabomb: dont kill derpicksomething
[18:26:10] [Team] chrisisdabomb: hes giving buggy
[18:26:14] [Team] chrisisdabomb: kill other guyw

For something to be done after

[18:12:11] [Private] Dudez0r: That chrisisdabomb is giving NOD vehs to GDI
[18:12:32] [Private] Dudez0r: I've seen him do it twice now both on purpose

So see it as you wish.

-Ionos-

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2008, 02:13:58 AM »

do i win yet???? =O

EPIC SPGS CAN BE CREATED IN 0.39 SECONDS
prblmkid sucks at life and takes it in the butt

ccfan4326

• Network Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2008, 04:31:14 AM »

Godpwr
Well said.

clearly enough people have responded with dissatisfaction to the moderation of the server nothing personal to anyone so dont get your panties in a bundle but if you dont listion to the player base the playerbase goes POOF to jelly and wait dont half of BCs mods play in jelly anyway, clearly something is wrong if you dont want to change whatever im just a regular here who am i to object to your devine foresight but ignoring your player bases' will to the extent that they all leave shouldnt be your objective so say what you want about me, your's is the server thats empty all day i cant be the cause of that it can only be the admins/DL/mods doing something wrong or doing nothing at all that should be more then enough proof that i am again right and you are all again wrong because sooner or later bc goes bye bye and i can sit in front my computer looking at my screen being bored outta my skull because there is noone to talk to and can let out a small smile and laugh i told ya so
Lots of servers are empty most of the time, such is the state of Renegade. The diminishing number of Renegade players tend to congregate to a select few servers at the top of the list. We had a good run for a while, with our peak being 7 servers that were full 24/7 (and our moderation was worse then for various reasons), and now our server is dying off. It's natural. At this point I don't see how improving moderation will help us gain too many players. That's not to say I don't agree that we can improve it and I think it's good to improve, but I don't see it being a savior to the server. And I don't want to sound elitist/arrogant, but some servers that are more popular than ours have moderation systems worse than ours, in my opinion at least.

Also, BC isn't going anywhere. Will the Renegade server die? Eventually. Does that mean the rest of the community will shutdown? No. Our roots with Renegade are strong, but I've been trying to make BC a community first and a server host second for at least a couple years now. Seems people still see us as just a server host. Oh well.

I'm not gunna get into anymore I've made my point and I'm happy. All it took was him saying
[18:26:07] [Team] chrisisdabomb: dont kill derpicksomething
[18:26:10] [Team] chrisisdabomb: hes giving buggy
[18:26:14] [Team] chrisisdabomb: kill other guyw

For something to be done after

[18:12:11] [Private] Dudez0r: That chrisisdabomb is giving NOD vehs to GDI
[18:12:32] [Private] Dudez0r: I've seen him do it twice now both on purpose

So see it as you wish.
I don't know the entire context of that specific situation, nor am I saying it's excusable to ignore several pages if that's what happened, but we will generally try to get log proof before doing anything. Vehicle stealing accusations are thrown around a lot and are inaccurate a lot of the time, so our natural tendency is to err on the side of caution. Your word carries more weight than others, and the guy is talking about it in team chat, but I'm just saying.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 04:42:29 AM by ccfan4326 »

DogNXC

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2008, 11:12:25 AM »

do i win yet???? =O

I <3 YOU

I agree with dude for once

Vultima

• BBQ!!?!?!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2008, 04:36:44 PM »

tbh even lava does a better job then punkun and hes only a hmod

lol fucking bs, warns me for sticking a sedan in the hand and it was on accident just because anubis said i did, didnt even look himself and if somone misses a PM no need to have an epic breakdown just because some noob is giving away buggies, !teampoll kick? !poll tban?

Vixenish

• Sexy Teen Girl and Official BC Loli Rape Bike
  • Renegade Server Half-Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.redvsblue.com
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2008, 01:30:34 AM »

This topic isn't about pointing fingers at what hmods, mods, and DL's have done wrong. If you have an issue about a hmod or mod report it to a DL or admin. If you have an issue with a DL report it to a admin.

I don't see a reason for this topic to be open anymore.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up