Black-Cell.net

• November 28, 2021, 03:00:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: '08 Presidential Election  (Read 7352 times)

Lava

• Renegade Server Half-Moderator
  • "so sayeth lava, so it shall be" - Mav
    • View Profile
'08 Presidential Election
« on: February 07, 2008, 09:02:18 PM »

(In the United States, of course.)

So, Romney dropped out suspended his campaign today, which means that the Republican nomination will most likely be John McCain because Mike Huckabee just doesn't have enough support. = (

Also, Hilary Clinton has taking $5 million out of her personal account and put it into her campaign. Why does this matter? Because when she was questioned about where the money came from she responded, "From my account." This leads to me to wonder, If she has been raising so much money, why does she have to put $5 million of her own into her campaign? Likely this means that she is running out of money, so she'll probably drop out.

Based on the current status of the candidates I think the presidential election will be between: Barack Obama and John McCain.

Obama '08 imo.

What do you guys think?

mylumnad

• Renegade Server Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: '08 Presidential Election
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 01:27:24 AM »

I want Ron Paul to win.

It will be Obama vs McCain....Obama wins....(we shall see)

KobraOps

• Renegade Server VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 03:16:30 AM »

McCain is a tool. Go Huckabee, and if ur democrat u should be shot if u vote for Hilary
"I had a girlfriend once" - Prplhazed

y0urd00md

• G@MR4L!F
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joinnxc.150m.com
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 10:17:26 AM »

me want hilary

i think she will do better and i want a female prisident

yeah but this also tell ppl that she is seroiusly wanting to be prisident
YOU ARE SOFA KING RETARDED

Lava

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 11:53:01 AM »

Yeah, Ron Paul would be awesome. But seriously, he doesn't have a chance.

Hilary Clinton sucks.

mav173

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 01:00:27 PM »

if obama runs with Jim Webb he's got my vote. otherwise, i have no fucking clue. write in ballot, perhaps?

prplhazed

• 'scuse me while I kiss the sky
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 01:55:53 PM »

<Can't Vote

Eenh, I was undecided, kinda liking John Edwards until he /faild. Il probly volunteer/intern for Obama if i can this spring/summer (Living in DC has perks sometimes)
Then Il have an in with the white house :p

To mav: Is that possible? You have to think theres no way Hillary will take VP, and I think Edwards wouldn't either...

As for the Republican side.....I disagree with them on almost everything, but if i could pick one to put in the whitehouse id say Ron Paul because itd be funny to watch the country fall apart (or he might actually fix stuff...naaaaaaah)

falcon030

• Office(US) > Office(UK)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 02:45:51 PM »

I want the woman or the black guy to win, more interesting!

vloktboky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 02:52:14 PM »

Also, Hilary Clinton has taking $5 million out of her personal account and put it into her campaign. Why does this matter? Because when she was questioned about where the money came from she responded, "From my account." This leads to me to wonder, If she has been raising so much money, why does she have to put $5 million of her own into her campaign? Likely this means that she is running out of money, so she'll probably drop out.

I'm not a big fan of Clinton myself, but...

That is some incredibly wishful thinking there. She holds the most delegates. Why would she drop out? As long as she can keep putting ANY fund into her campaign, she can hold the lead and win out in the end.

Obama counter-stated Clinton's announcement by urging his supporters to match the amount in donations.

It's still anyone's game. And it's going to remain that way until the very end.

For me personally, I like McCain. I don't agree with all of his policies, but he's not too far to the right that I distaste them all. For example: his policy on immigration, I can agree with. Being liberal, that probably makes other Conservatives hate him because I can like him, but his policy isn't that bad if you break it down. He wants to protect the borders first and foremost (right answer) but award amnesty for all the illegal immigrants in the country who have not committed any felonies (left answer). This is an example of playing nice to both sides, so people in the middle (which there are more of over anything) like him, but the extremes on either side will have mixed feelings, if not totally distaste him.

Obama is great because he's completely different from the normal government that has been going on since the Regen revolution. His inexperience is what I appeal to, because the way I see it, the normal has failed, so the abnormal is the next logical choice. I think with him he won't be polluted with the usual politics when making his decisions, and that's a good thing. But if he wins, he better fill his cabinet with some good, experienced people, because he has the potential of making equally dumb answers as well.

Some of Clinton's ideas just scare the shit out of me.

So..
Obama Vs McCain => Obama vote
Clinton Vs McCain => McCain vote

I am registered democrat.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 02:59:37 PM by vloktboky »

vloktboky

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 03:03:10 PM »

You know McCain is 71 or 72, which would make him the oldest president coming in to office, right?

Woman, Black Guy, or Really Old Guy.

But that's another thing to think about with McCain. His older age puts him in a higher risk of (God forbid) dying in office. So you have to consider who he puts for VP on his ticket. It's a dark thought, but a valid one.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 03:05:07 PM by vloktboky »

prplhazed

• 'scuse me while I kiss the sky
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 06:41:53 PM »

You know McCain is 71 or 72, which would make him the oldest president coming in to office, right?

But that's another thing to think about with McCain. His older age puts him in a higher risk of (God forbid) dying in office. So you have to consider who he puts for VP on his ticket. It's a dark thought, but a valid one.
Holy shit, vlokt is chuck norris!

Vultima

• BBQ!!?!?!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 06:57:27 PM »

Vote for me and i will make renegade compulsory to everyone "everyone hereby now must play at least 2 hours of renegade from now!" and mars bar will be made free

Lava

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 09:45:24 PM »

Holy shit, I didn't think McCain was that old... And, did you know both of his shoulders had been broken and never healed correctly, because he was a POW in Vietnam, so now he has arthritis and can't lift his arms above his shoulder. Well, so much for waving to the people...

I consider myself a Conservative(more appropriately Libertarian) but I don't like John McCain. Hilary Clinton scares me for a couple reasons: 1) Redistributing the wealth = bad 2) Hilary's politics + Bill's influence = bad 3) She's a commie.

I<3WD

• I SALUTE YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 09:50:33 PM »

Stephen Harpers move to try and extend Canadians troops in Afghanistan farther than 2009 in Afghanistan could really mess him up and cause an election to be called.

LOL CANADIAN POLITICS

/run

mylumnad

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2008, 12:42:28 AM »

As for the Republican side.....I disagree with them on almost everything, but if i could pick one to put in the whitehouse id say Ron Paul because itd be funny to watch the country fall apart (or he might actually fix stuff...naaaaaaah)

I hope you didn't write that with a straight face.....Ron Paul is the ONLY person on either side who makes any sense...sure, he has some few wacky ideas, but overall, he is as solid as a rock. Youtube his speeches and debates and then get back to us....
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up